Sinuses are air filled cavities in bones of skull located around the nose and eyes and are commonly called as Para-nasal Sinuses. When these Sinuses are inflamed due to an infection or an allergic reaction it leads to Sinusitis. Maxillary sinuses are the most commonly effected sinuses.
These factors makes the individual more prone to get Sinusitis.
- One of the most commonly seen factor is DNS (Deviated nasal septum).
- Polyp or Tumors in nose
- Enlarged Adenoids and Tonsils
- Dental Problems (cavities and decayed tooth etc)
- Chronic exposure to smoke, dust, pollutants and other chemical substances.
- Weak Immunity (due to Diseases like HIV/AIDS or those persons under Chemotherapy, or Persons using Immune-Suppressive Drugs after organ Transplantation.)
- Infection due to a bacteria or virus, Sinusitis is most commonly caused by bacteria or a virus which cause common cold. Viruses are most common cause of acute Sinusitis where as Bacteria is the most common cause of Sub acute and Chronic Sinusitis.
- Fungal Infection is not a common cause of Sinusitis, but in persons with Weak immunity or persons with compromised immune system have increased chances of having Sinusitis due to fungal infection.
- Allergic reaction a person predisposed to allergies or sensitive to a allergen may have acute inflammation of Sinuses when ever exposed to allergen (substances that cause allergic reaction).
- Deep Sea Diving and Scuba Diving.
- Inhalation of chemical substances and irritants.
Symptoms of Sinusitis
Symptoms of Sinus may vary according to Severity of Sinusitis and location of sinuses involved. Although all the symptoms may not be seen in the same individual, yet Symptoms play a important role in diagnosis of Sinusitis
- Runny Nose and Nasal discharge can be thick or thin and can be yellowish or greenish.
- Obstructed / stuffed sensation in nose, blocked nose
- Post nasal Drip (discharge from back of nose into the throat)
- Headache or sensation of pressure in Head
- Decreased sense of smell
- Halitosis (Bad breath)
- Cough with expectoration (Mucous)
- Occasionally Tooth pain, Ear Pain
- Sore throat or pain in region of affected sinus can be present (Cheek pain if maxillary sinus is involved, pain above eye brows if Frontal sinuses are involved)
- General symptoms like Fever, Tiredness, Fatigue
Homeopathy Treatment for Sinus:
Homeopathic treatment offer good results in people with acute and sub-acute Sinusitis and prevent the progression of disease into chronic Sinusitis. In people with chronic Sinusitis using Homeopathic Treatment will prevent the need of painful process and will control Sinusitis. In people with Recurring Sinusitis, not only the frequency & severity of attack but Sinusitis can be controlled. In people suffering with Allergic Sinusitis, homeopathic treatment helps to boost the immune system so as to make the individual less prone to allergens and control the Sinusitis.